We are seeking a qualified Academic Advisor to support our high school students by focusing on the needs of both the individual student and the entire school community. The Academic Advisor will facilitate students with their academic or career goals and will work collaboratively with other members of the multidisciplinary team. This position includes a small teaching component comprised of Career Education 10 & 12.
- Oversee course selection process
- Monitor placement and success in courses required to graduate
- Research & report on academic progress students and report failures and offer solutions to parents and to school team.
- Meet with students to discuss academic and career goals
- Review post- secondary options and assist with post secondary applications
- Motivate students to apply for bursaries and scholarships and assist as necessary
- Act as a communication and problem-solving bridge between staff, students, and parents when needed to promote student success
- Work with the records clerk to monitor distance education courses, and report grades to the ministry of education
- Work with principal to provide transcripts.
- Assess students’ attributes and help them realize their strengths
- Evaluate the progress of students
- Identify behavioral problems or at-risk students
- Prepare and present reviews on progress
- Attend weekly student support team meetings and staff meetings
- Consult with parents/outside providers/school staff
- Maintain proper documentation/notes for each student
- Prepare, plan and Teach Career Education
- Proven experience as an academic advisor & teacher
- Ability to work harmoniously with staff, students and parents.
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Bachelor Degree in Education or related field
- Successful candidates will fully support and agree with the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Required license or certification: Valid BC Teaching Certificate
In order for your application to be considered, you MUST apply via our employment link below: